Instagram

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Week 13

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Dave and I are headed to Boise today to see Sarah for Thanksgiving.  But today, I thought I would write about some of the gross parts of pregnancy.  That’s right – you are about to read something that is TMI so beware… One thing this baby likes to do is make me burp...and fart...a lot!  Anytime I drink or eat something, I burp pretty much every sip or bite.  Also, everyday around 5:00 the gas comes, and sometimes it is really painful!  I feel bad because that is about the time I get home from work so Dave has learned to beware and take me serious when I tell him not to touch or squeeze me.  Then, I go to bed and all the gas seems to get settled in my stomach and is just waiting for gravity to get out.  What I mean by this is every single night when I wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, I will sit on the toilet and then do what Dave likes to call “big thunder” which means, yes, release everything that was building up (sometimes it is so bad it wakes him up).  Luckily I have a husband who loves me and laughs at this or else I would die every day of embarrassment.  I wonder if this is going to continue for the rest of pregnancy.  When all is said and done though – this is not at all the worst symptom, just the loudest and smelliest.


Pregnancy Chalkboard:  12 Weeks Pregnant


Monday, November 25, 2013

Morning sickness has scarred me.  Even though I am feeling better, I cannot stand the smell of the following things without having a twinge of vomit (I hope it is not like this forever):

  • My hair spray
  • My deodorant
  • Dave’s deodorant
  • Toilet water/bathrooms in general
  • The bread at Subway/any Subway restaurant

I am sure there are more but that is just what is on my mind right now.  I had my second prenatal visit today.  It was the first time I got to actually hear the baby’s heart beat!  Part of me was hoping that my doctor would not be able to pick it up on the doppler so I could get another ultrasound, but I was so relieved when she found it.  It was very strong and she found it right away.  You could hear the baby moving around too and every once in a while you would her it hiccup which the doctor said was the sound of the baby moving around…our baby moves a lot!  It was so spectacular– and kind of weird that a heartbeat was coming out of my stomach – but those moments make me want to happy cry.  Baby’s heart rate was 160 beat per minute.  I have a strong feeling that it is a girl, but my doc said that we will not be able to find out until the 19 week anatomy scan which will be in January. 


Friday, November 22, 2013


Having a baby turns in into a baby.  Literally.  I have experienced/am experiencing all of the following which I am sure I didn't do this much since I was an infant: 

  • Sleeping – all the time at least 12 hours a day!  
  • Burping – multiple times throughout meals and any time I drink anything.  
  • Gas – yes, it is killing Dave.  
  • Crying – Happy, sad, funny, hungry, just because… the tears keep flowing. 
I also had the worst nightmare last night.  I had a dream that I gave birth and the baby wasn't crying and the baby died.  The doctor handed him to me and he only had eyes and no other features because he wasn’t fully developed.  I woke up crying and I couldn't go back to sleep.  I am so worried.  I can’t wait for my doctor’s appointment on Monday so I can hopefully find out everything is okay.


Share to Pinterest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm Natasha! Wife to David, and mother to Gretchen. Follow my journey as a wife, mama, and fitness & nutrition fanatic.

Search This Blog