Instagram

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Thursday, May 22, 2014

9 Months Of Marital Bliss


Today is mine and David’s 9 month anniversary (proof that our baby was conceived after we got married). Can you believe that the picture above was taken almost a year ago at our engagement shoot?!  Photo cred to the talented Chelsie Lilja

I thought I would write today about how much I love living with David. I loved living with him at his parent’s house, but living with him alone has been so much fun, not to mention entertaining. Just a few more weeks of alone time and then we won’t be living alone again for probably 30+ years.  We are love being alone but are sooo excited to add some kiddos to the mix. 

In the last couple of months, I have come to learn some of Dave's quirks that I have never noticed before – and they make me smile every day. In fact, just writing this post is making me as happy as a pigeon with a french-fry.

Here are some of my new favorite things about my husbad:


His Obsessive Need To “Organize The Trash”.

The wonderful Waste Management gave us a peanut sized garbage can,  and since we have moved we have been backed up on trash and recycling. We keep getting so many gifts and new things for baby that we keep falling more and more behind. Every week when we think we have finally caught up, we will get something new or one of us will organize something in the house and the trash will already be full again.

Everyone who has known Dave since he was young tells me about how paranoid he used to be – especially of the cops and his sister running around naked all the time. Well his paranoia isn’t gone, it has just shifted into other areas. Dave insists that the trash lid has to be closed every week or the garbage men won’t pick it up.  If they don’t pick it up, we will get even more behind on our garbage! For this reason, he is in the garage everyday jumping into the cans to press everything down and strategically organizing the cardboard so it all fits in the recycling can (to my knowledge, he has only fell out of the garbage can once...).  See, I know that our trash will get picked up even if the lid is not closed and have even tried to tell him this, but I have given up because every night after dinner when he announces that he needs to go “organize the trash” I can tell he is secretly excited.


His Love Of Mail.

I think I have my own copy of a mail key, but I don’t even know which mailbox is ours. Dave LOVES getting the mail every day. And even more, he LOVES getting packages (or presents as he calls them). I think I have mentioned before how excited he gets when he opens presents on Christmas, well he is the same way with packages in the mail any day of the year. Most All of the packages that come to our house are for me, and I always let him open them because it makes him so happy (this does not help my online shopping addiction).

Before we got married, he actually told me once that when we have kids he wanted to find out that I was pregnant by me packing the pregnancy test in a big box and sending it to him in the mail. Sadly, I didn’t get the chance to do that since he was with me when I took the test:  I bet he would have been just as surprised and elated opening that package though.


His Baboon Booty.

We have a glass shower door and every time I am in the bathroom while he is showering, he will press his bare butt against the glass door and giggle like a little girl. (Sorry if I just embarrassed you honey). He is so proud of his butt, as he should be, because out of all of the husbands in the world I can guarantee mine has the cutest bubble butt of them all.


His Best Friends AKA His Tools.

And more specifically his drill. I swear that man looks for any excuse to use his drill. I needed to unscrew something to change batteries the other day and asked him for a screw driver and he replied and asked me with a big grin on his face if he could use his drill instead. Ha!


New Davidisms continue to come up and surprise me all the time and they just make me fall more and more in love with him.  He is just too cute.  I am the luckiest girl in the world to be able to share my life with him and I know he will continue taking care of me and making me happy for eternity.


Share to Pinterest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm Natasha! Wife to David, and mother to Gretchen. Follow my journey as a wife, mama, and fitness & nutrition fanatic.

Search This Blog