Instagram

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Gretchen 11 Month Update





Not happy about being put in the crib.







Weight:   She hasn't been weighed in a while, but if I had to guess I would say 22-24 pounds.

Height:  Tall!  I'm guessing 30 inches or so.

Clothing Size:  12 months and some 18 months.  That being said, she is growing so fast that I did not want to buy very many 12 month clothes so she is usually rocking some tight 9 month clothes or baggy 18 month clothes.

Eating:  Everything.  She loves food.  Her favorites are blueberries, strawberries, bananas, and watermelon.  She even tries to feed us some of her food.  It is so cute!  I never thought I would be so happy to eat half chewed on chunks of fruit that fell out of her mouth.   

Sleeping:  Her sleep has been a little spotty.  Usually she takes 2 naps, but she has been skipping her afternoon nap probably twice a week.  I don't think she is quite ready to drop the second nap yet though because last time she skipped it she went to bed at 7 PM and didn't wake up until 10 the next morning!  

Health:  Perfect . Besides a minor cold when she started teething she hasn't been sick at all.

Speech:  Babbling a ton, but she knows who mama and "gaga" (aka dada) are.  She also loves to make a duck noise and copy the funny sounds that we make.  Often times she will make her duck noise and then laugh at herself, it is darling!

Personality:  I love watching her personality develop.  She definitely has a lot of my traits!  She is a go-getter and a problem solver:  she knows when her baby gate isn't locked and always manages to get herself out.  She likes to tease us by pretending to feed us food and then right when she gets her little fingers in our mouth she decide she wants to eat it instead.  She loves to laugh and is definitely a thrill seeker.

Baby Gear Love:  Our new Diono Rainier Convertible Car Seat.

Milestones:  She understands some short directions - like "say hi", "clap your hands", or "give me a kiss" - without us having to show her.  She is also scaling all of the furniture and really good at squatting.  She just started squatting to pick things up and then she will stand back up and place them on the table or throw them over her crib/baby gate.  She also just started placing objects inside of each other; she can stack bowl and likes to put balls and small objects into a muffin tin.

Likes:  Pillow fights, peek-a-boo, dancing (she likes to bounce when there is music on), being swung around by her dad.

Dislikes:  Lately it has been napping.  She also has not been a fan of getting her diaper change and will do whatever she has to to flip over on her belly or sit up.  Luckily we haven't had any accidents.  Any tips to help distract her would be helpful.

Signature Move:  Dave says "farting in her high chair".  Haha.  But I'd have to say her duck quacking noise.

Mom's Proudest Moment:  I am amazed everyday to see how much she has learned in just under a year.  My proudest moment this last month was when I leaned half way to give her a kiss and she leaned in the rest of the way!  Granted half the time she gives me kisses her mouth is wide open, but I don't care.


Dad's Proudest Moment:  Watching her walk around the house using her walker.

Things I Don't Want To Forget: 

Her love for eating!  She definitely is her mother's daughter.  I love it when she gets Cheerios stuck to her face.



This girl knows how to entertain herself.  Sometimes she doesn't even know I'm in the same room.



Hanging out with her new friend and neighbor Addy!  They like each other :)


This rare moment where she stayed asleep even after we turned on her light and opened the curtain to wake her up.  She was exhausted - notice the strawberries still on her arm from lunch.


Our first family visit to Snow Goose Produce.  G tried ice cream for the first time.  She immediately spit it out because it was so cold though.  

Learning how to brush her (2) teeth. 


Her first time eating watermelon!


She loooooves watermelon!


Her hair is is finally getting long!  And sometimes it looks ridiculous after she wakes up.  #bedhead

Her first Cinco de Mayo.  She had fajitas for dinner and absolutely loved them.  The girl loves heat!

The moment I realized the damage she has done to her crib...with only 2 teeth!


That time I decided to climb in and play!



I absolutely love her don't-mess-with-me personality.  She has had it since the day she was born.


Apparently my little tornado thought I was too distracted to realize what she could get into.  Please note that the floor was completely clean when I started folding the laundry.



Tired baby decided she wanted to cuddle.  Daddy came home and took these pictures...I only cried a little when I looked at them because I realized that she is a giant now!  What happened to my teeny tiny baby?




Princess Gretchen loves shopping with mommy!



Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Share to Pinterest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm Natasha! Wife to David, and mother to Gretchen. Follow my journey as a wife, mama, and fitness & nutrition fanatic.

Search This Blog