Instagram

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Fuchsia Saturday

At work on Friday, my boss told me about this wonderful event that happens at Fred Meyer the second Saturday of April every year - Fuchsia Saturday!  Here is how it works:  pack your flower pots in your car (don't forget a sheet or towels), get to Fred Meyer when they open at 7am so you don't have to wait too long in line, pick out your plants (everything is on sale and fuchsias are $0.60 each), wait in line for the cute ginger boy to fill all of your pots with FREE soil, then sit back and have someone else plant everything for you.

There were tons of different types of fuchsias to choose from.

Having just moved, we didn't have any of our own pots, so on Friday we went to Wal Mart and picked up a few.

Luckily it wasn't raining...the line got pretty long. 

Notice the cute ginger boy shoveling soil.

Getting everything planted.





This is where the sheet came in handy.  I didn't get any dirt in my car.

Had the hubby put hooks on the house for our hanging fuchsias.

We planted dusty miller in the big pot.

All done before 10am.  Now we just wait for them to bloom.

After we got our plants, Dave and I went shopping and got almost everything on our list for the nursery...we even stopped in Northgate to get a Cinnabon!  Then we went to Dave's parents for dinner and passed out at about 8:30pm so we just stayed the night.  Feeling good that we got a lot accomplished this weekend and getting SO excited for our little girls arrival.

My perfectly cooked hot dog I ate Saturday night.  Yummm.  It definitely satisfied my hot dog craving.


Share to Pinterest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm Natasha! Wife to David, and mother to Gretchen. Follow my journey as a wife, mama, and fitness & nutrition fanatic.

Search This Blog