Instagram

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Happy Fall Yall

It's official, we survived our first season with a baby and it was a hot one!  Let me open my little black book of cliches and throw one at you:  it is crazy how time flies!  Seriously, it feels like yesterday we were just bringing our babe home from the hospital.  We are learning so much as new parents and it is funny to think about the people we have turned into just to make our child smile/laugh/sleep.  For example, I spent a good 20 minutes last week on all fours barking like a chihuahua (Yes, I can spell that correctly because of the Impossible Quiz which I wasted hours of my life playing in college).  Gretchen was underneath me and was cracking up - not just high pitched squeals but big belly laughs.  I wore myself out, but I'm sure she could have kept going.

Saturday was the first time in over 4 months that I actually got a little me time...that's right, more than my daily 10 minute shower which is hardly counts as me time because of the baby in the bouncer staring you down through the glass shower door.  Dave got me a gift certificate for a mani/pedi for our anniversary so I went and pampered myself.  It was overdue too...my nail polish from 4 months ago was grown out on all of my toes except the big one where it was half on and chipped...I'm not embarrassed to show my feet anymore!

On Sunday we put Gretchen in her finest for church and guess what happened...she blew it out before we even got there. Are you really surprised?  I swear there is something about her car seat that makes the girl go.  To make matters worse she is really into grabby fabrics now and was pulling her dress up when we were getting her out of the car.  She was a hot mess!  Dave cleaned her up which he told me later that she stuck her foot into the bag where her dress was and got her entire self poopy. Other than that, it was nice to visit with everyone at church and feel the spirit.  I always love how relaxing Sunday's are.

Yesterday was a big day for us!  First, the missionaries came over for dinner and Gretty now has a new boyfriend.  She was staring at one of the elders the entire time.  It was adorable!
Brownie bowls with ice cream for dessert.
After the missionaries left, she finally figured out how to roll belly to back!  AND she did it twice in a row!  I think it was because the TV was on (which always captivates her).  We put her on her belly and she was trying to look up at it and the weight of her head rolled her over.  So we did it again to make sure it wasn't a fluke and bam! Roll!  She has only rolled belly to back one other time and it was because she had so much momentum going back to belly that she just did a complete roll.  My brother, Isaac, and I had a bet going to see who could roll first:  Gretchen or his dog Wilson.  After I told him she did it, I got this cute video sent to me.  I have tried to get G rolling on camera a few times but she gets shy.  She mostly does all of her rolling when we aren't looking.

And last, I would like to let everyone know that I have given in to the nap struggle and just put Gretty in the Baby K'tan for all of her day time sleep now.  I don't get anything done because my arms can't reach very far, but I must say I loooooove the baby snuggles and how she is in perfect kissing distance.

Happy first day of fall!!! :)


Share to Pinterest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm Natasha! Wife to David, and mother to Gretchen. Follow my journey as a wife, mama, and fitness & nutrition fanatic.

Search This Blog