Instagram

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts

Friday, July 11, 2014

Month 1 Favorites

Happy 7-Eleven Day!  Dave has requested that we take a "7-Eleven Tour" because there are, and I quote, "at least five 7-Eleven's I can think of around our house".  I guess this way we will get to really take advantage of free Slurpees.  I told him we can go on the "tour" after dinner.  We are going to kick off our weekend by taking a drive up Chuckanut Drive  to The Oyster Bar. Cross your fingers that Gretchen behaves.  I am going to feed her twice in a row before we leave!

Babies require a TON of stuff! I thought it would be fun to post some of my favorite things that I could not have survived the first month with out.  You would never guess that someone so small could so quickly take over your entire home. 
Gerber 6-Ply Cloth Diapers - These are without a doubt THE best burp cloths.  They are crazy absorbent and long enough to drape over your shoulder.  No they aren't the cutest, but they do the job better than any other.  Not to mention, they are very inexpensive.

Newborn Pampers Swaddlers Diapers - I love those diapers!  So many people told us that our baby probably wouldn't fit into newborn clothes or diapers, but Gretchen was (and still is) tiny!  I love that they have a cutout for the belly button so you don't have to fold it down before the umbilical cord stump falls off.

Aveeno Lavender Vanilla Baby Lotion - Newborns have really dry skin.  I love that this lotion is mild and gentle enough for our little munchkin and it smells so good!  We put it in her hair too because she has a dry scalp and it doesn't make her hair greasy.

Medela Contact Nipple Shield - This is a savior when starting to breastfeed.  It is annoying to use, but your nipples will thank you as it helps maintain the integrity of your skin and protects you if you have a "chomper" and "jaw clencher" like me.  Make sure to talk with your lactation consultant to get the right size and learn how to use it properly as it can affect your milk supply.

Boppy Pillow - I must say if I didn't have one of these, I would be so buff from holding up an eight pound baby for half an hour 8-12 times a day to feed.  It is nice not having to get millions of pillows to prop up your arms and the baby.  Just wrap this around your waist, and wah lah, arm rest and baby rest in one.

Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump - Most people don't know that one of the perks of Obamacare (maybe the only perk) is that most insurances cover a breast pump 100%.  Talk to your doctor or midwife to get a prescription and get a breast pump for FREE!

Lansinoh HPA Lanolin Cream - Chapstick for your nipples (also works great as actual chapstick).

Lansinoh Disposable Nursing Pads - Even if your nipples aren't leaking milk, the Lanolin cream will stain your bra if you don't have them.  They are also soft and protect you from harsh fabrics during the "toughening up" faze.

Aden + Anais Muslin Swaddle Blankets - I now get why everyone raves over these pricey blankets - they really are the best especially for a summer baby.  They are big enough to wrap your little one into a tight tight tight burrito and thin enough to not feel like you are overheating them during those hot summer nights in a house with no air conditioning.  Not to mention, the fabric is super soft!

Marc Jacobs Eliz-A-Baby Diaper Bag - This was my birthday splurge present.  I am obsessed with this diaper bag.  It is stylish and big enough for all of my things.  Who am I kidding, all of Gretchen's things...it is really her purse that I carry around for her and has a little extra space for my wallet, phone, and sometimes my keys.

Fisher-Price My Little Snugabunny Rock n' Play Sleeper - This is the best.  It is super portable and great for toting around to our family's houses.  We also use it as a bassinet because it vibrates and she sleeps better in this than the Pack 'N Play.

...and because no post is complete without this sleeping beauty...


Share to Pinterest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm Natasha! Wife to David, and mother to Gretchen. Follow my journey as a wife, mama, and fitness & nutrition fanatic.

Search This Blog